Change your default search engine
- Keeping Bing as your default search engine provides an enhanced search experience in the new Microsoft Edge Edge logo, including direct links to Windows 10 apps, relevant suggestions from your organization if you’re signed in with a work or school account, and instant answers to questions about Windows 10. However, you can change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge to any site that uses OpenSearch technology.1In Microsoft Edge, perform a search in the address bar using the search engine you want to set as your default.2Select Settings and more Three-dot More icon > Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon.3Select Privacy and services.4Scroll all the way down to the Services section and select Address bar.5Choose your preferred search engine from the Search engine used in the address bar menu.
- To add a different search engine, perform a search in the address bar using that search engine (or a website that supports search, like a wiki site). Then go to Settings and more Three-dot More icon > Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Privacy and services > Address bar. The engine or website you used to search will now appear in the list of options you can select.
- Note: This topic is for the new Microsoft Edge Edge logo. Get help for the legacy version of Microsoft Edge E-shaped Edge logo.
- 1Open Google Chrome and select the three, vertical dots next to the profile picture, then select Settings.
- 2Scroll down to the Search engine section, then choose a different option in the dropdown under Search engine used in the address bar.
- 3To add, edit, or remove other search engines from the list, select the Manage search engines arrow, below the default search engine list.
- To add a new search engine: Select the Add button and fill out the fields for Search engine, Keyword, and URL with %s in place of query.
- To add a search engine to the default list: Under Other search engines, select the three dots next to the one you want to add, then select Make default.
- To edit or remove a search engine: Select the three dots next to the one you want to edit or remove, then select Edit or Remove from list. Note: You can't remove Google (Default) from the list.
- 1Open Firefox and select the three, vertical lines next to the profile picture, then select Options.
- 2Select Search Magnifying glass Zoom icon, then choose a different option in the dropdown under Default Search Engine.
- 3To add a new search engine, select Find more search engines at the bottom of the Search page. Search for the search engine or find it in the list, select the option, then select Plus-sign Add icon Add to Firefox.
- 4To remove a search engine, select the one you want to remove in the list under One-Click Search Engines, then select the Remove button.
- 1Open Safari, then go to Safari menu > Preferences.
- 2Once the Preferences window opens, select the dropdown menu next to Default search engine, and select the one you want to make your default.
WebSelect Settings and more > Settings . Select Privacy, search, and services. Scroll all the way down to the Services section and select Address bar and search. Choose your preferred search engine from …
WebDec 6, 2021 · To change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge, start the Edge browser and expand the settings menu by clicking the three dots located in the right-hand corner of the navigation bar....
Web1. Copy and paste "edge://settings/search" (without the quotes) into your address bar, and hit Enter or Return on your keyboard. 2. Click the dropdown menu next to "Search engine in the...
WebMar 18, 2020 · 1 Microsoft allows Microsoft Edge users to change the default search engine from Bing to another one of their choice, including custom search engines. When switching search engines, users...
WebApr 29, 2023 · If you want to add a specific search engine to the list, the easiest way is to simply visit that search engine and perform any search with it. Edge should automatically register it.
WebOct 10, 2018 · To change the default search engine on Microsoft Edge, use these steps: Open Microsoft Edge. Navigate to Google.com (or the search engine website you prefer). Click the Settings and more...
Webdesktop. Here two options to help you switch to the desktop: The quick way: If you see a black bar at the bottom of the screen saying “The site www.google.com uses add-ons that require Internet...
Related searches for how to change search engine in edge
- Some results have been removed