WebMake Google your default search provider in your browser to get the fastest access to Google Search results. Switching is fast and easy.
Change your default search engine
- Keeping Bing as your default search engine provides an enhanced search experience in the new Microsoft Edge Edge logo, including direct links to Windows 10 apps, relevant suggestions from your organization if you’re signed in with a work or school account, and instant answers to questions about Windows 10. However, you can change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge to any site that uses OpenSearch technology.1In Microsoft Edge, perform a search in the address bar using the search engine you want to set as your default.2Select Settings and more Three-dot More icon > Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon.3Select Privacy and services.4Scroll all the way down to the Services section and select Address bar.5Choose your preferred search engine from the Search engine used in the address bar menu.
- To add a different search engine, perform a search in the address bar using that search engine (or a website that supports search, like a wiki site). Then go to Settings and more Three-dot More icon > Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Privacy and services > Address bar. The engine or website you used to search will now appear in the list of options you can select.
- Note: This topic is for the new Microsoft Edge Edge logo. Get help for the legacy version of Microsoft Edge E-shaped Edge logo.
- 1Open Google Chrome and select the three, vertical dots next to the profile picture, then select Settings.
- 2Scroll down to the Search engine section, then choose a different option in the dropdown under Search engine used in the address bar.
- 3To add, edit, or remove other search engines from the list, select the Manage search engines arrow, below the default search engine list.
- To add a new search engine: Select the Add button and fill out the fields for Search engine, Keyword, and URL with %s in place of query.
- To add a search engine to the default list: Under Other search engines, select the three dots next to the one you want to add, then select Make default.
- To edit or remove a search engine: Select the three dots next to the one you want to edit or remove, then select Edit or Remove from list. Note: You can't remove Google (Default) from the list.
- 1Open Firefox and select the three, vertical lines next to the profile picture, then select Options.
- 2Select Search Magnifying glass Zoom icon, then choose a different option in the dropdown under Default Search Engine.
- 3To add a new search engine, select Find more search engines at the bottom of the Search page. Search for the search engine or find it in the list, select the option, then select Plus-sign Add icon Add to Firefox.
- 4To remove a search engine, select the one you want to remove in the list under One-Click Search Engines, then select the Remove button.
- 1Open Safari, then go to Safari menu > Preferences.
- 2Once the Preferences window opens, select the dropdown menu next to Default search engine, and select the one you want to make your default.
WebDec 5, 2023 · Download the Google app to search and browse the web, get personalized updates in Discover, and use voice commands while navigating. The app also offers data safety, ratings and reviews, and a …
WebJan 24, 2022 · 21 Google Search Tips You'll Want to Learn. Most of us use Google every day, but many have likely only scratched the surface of the search engine's power. Here's how to get better results from a ...
WebThe official Google app gives you more ways to search – Use your camera to uncover who painted that artwork, translate a menu on your travels, find out what type of dog that fluffy thing is, shop anything you can see, and …